Mother's Day Texting
- Daughter: Happy Mother's Day
- Mother: Thanks Mallory, I love you.
- Daughter: Course (: I love you too
- Mother: But Molly is my favorite.
- Daughter: That's mean
- Mother: This is Molly :P
- Daughter: I thought so
- Mother: Then again, I'm just typing because Mom is driving, she's telling me what to type. So it's true!
- Daughter: No it's not. She's just saying that so she doesn't hurt your feelings
- Mother: Uh huh...
- Daughter: Well believe what you want if it makes you feel better
- Mother: You too
Sometimes I write useful stuff. If you run a Drupal based web site (and everyone should, because it’s a good content management system), then you’ll probably have the cron.php file stop working eventually. When that happens to you, you’ll be glad to have read my short blog entry.
Heard on Twitter today...
- Web Dev: I only get 403 Forbidden responses when testing your API
- Them: How many were you expecting to get?
- Web Dev: (facepalm, inaudible whimpering)
Facebook Page URL
Thank God for Facebook usernames (short links). Until today, the Facebook page for Renditions Design was this monstrous train wreck:
Try giving that URL out on a podcast interview! Worse, on some browsers, including Safari (my favorite) it fails and says “Too many redirects trying to open”. That’s because Facebook makes me crazy. I don’t know how anyone functions without a username.
Now you can find Renditions of FB at this easy to type, spell, and remember URL:
Much better. :)
Q:WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST HUMAN MEMORY?
Since you asked Mr. Robot… I actually have a handful of pre-verbal, pre-walking memories. I remember squirming out of the kitchen high-chair and crawling into the living room while desperately hoping my mother wouldn’t catch me and put me back.
She seemed about 90 feet tall to me, and I think I was frustrated that I didn’t know how to tell her that I just wanted to watch Mr. Rogers. I am perfectly aware of the bizarreness of this little story. This is what I get for talking to robots I guess.
Business is not just doing deals; business is having great products, doing great engineering, and providing tremendous service to customers. Finally, business is a cobweb of human relationships.
Come visit the shiny new RenditionsDesign.com site and tell us what you think. We’ve got some amazing software shipping in a matter of days, and we needed to spruce the place up a bit! The next week or so will be a very busy time for our little web server.
The new site is Drupal powered, so we can just go nuts adding features as time allows.